background

Friday, May 20, 2011

Rainy day crafts

Today it's been raining and dark and dreary (and CD3 ain't doing much for me either).

Which means, in order for me to keep sane, I worked on some crafts.

First, I bought a really fancy gold frame from the thrift store for about a buck and I've wanted to put this one quote, that I fell in love with, in it to go by the front door. I forgot to take a before picture but I did snap one of the back side, mid-painting, to show the gold in all it's glory...




And then I painted, cut up scrap book paper and wrote the sweet quote...



The only thing was that I wanted it by the front door but I had green flowers on my homemade coffee filter wreath that I made back in November. Since that wreath was a doozy to make, I did it with the intention of changing out the little decorations on it to go with the season. And well, I didn't have any fun blue or red flowers to go on it, so that the front hall flows with my new picture frame, SO I made two paper flowers...



Another view:



Also, yesterday was my SIL's birthday and I wanted to make something simple (pun intended) that she could hang in her apartment. All I did was paint a board I had, mod podge some scrapbook paper and then stamp out the word...



And lastly, even though I didn't make it...I'm certainly enjoying this while I'm watching the Rangers and hoping they can beat the Phillies...


Cheers!

"What I love most about my home is who I share it with." (Tad Carpenter)

4 comments:

Catholic Mutt said...

You're so crafty! I can't do much with crafts.

Brit said...

You are ridiculously crafty. I LOVE it! :) A woman of my own heart (with way way more talent)!

Donna said...

I just love the quote about home. Perfect! I'm getting inspired by your craftiness.

JellyBelly said...

I admire your craftiness!!!! Your hallway looks great!!!