background

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I met a REAL life blogger friend! ;)

Guys, this was huge for me.

I'd seen so many posts about blogger girls meeting up and talking for hours and well...

I wanted that.

Then, I got an email from this Pretty lady about meeting up since she would be heading up my direction before Easter.

Of course I was on board!

When she finally arrived in town and was able to step away for a bit (she's got two young ones!) we decided to meet for breakfast.

I'm not going to lie...I was a bit nervous.

What if she and I didn't hit it off?

What if conversation was boring?

What if

What if...

WHAT IF!

The morning before, I had met with my Gm and, although she knows I have a blog, she knows it's sorta private in the sense that I don't share it with people I know. And well, when I mentioned I was meeting a blogger in real life, this is how our conversation went;

Me: "yeah, I'm a little nervous but more excited about meeting Lisa."

Gm: Silence

Me: Just rambling on about the meet up and other random things...

...
...

A few moments later...

Gm: "I was watching the television the other night and there was this report about this lady who met a guy on mat.ch.com and well, he wasn't what she thought and he ra.ped her. It want good at all. And well, just watch out!"

I totally didn't see that coming but reassured her that I was never going to meet a stranger anywhere but a busy, public place and that she had nothing to worry about! (Oh sweet Gm!)

Anyways back to the meet up, in a nut shell I arrived at the restaurant and sat and my car and "scoped" things out a bit, said a prayer conversation would flow and went in.

And the conversation did flow and it was great! I was nervous for no reason! She's such a sweet person and I am in awe how she prays for those of us struggling with IF even though, she does not.

All in all it was great and I most definitely look forward to another meet up in the future!

Now if only I had more blogger friends that lived closer to me in Texas, I could meet y'all in real life also!

I'll sign off with a picture from our meet up. We thought it would be funny to have one where I'm holding up my phone to my face because that's usually how I post pictures of myself!!




"Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer."

8 comments:

Grace in my Heart said...

Oh fun!!! I wish I could meet both of you too. Love the pic, haha.

JellyBelly said...

How cool!!!!

I'm with Lori! Wish I could meet you too!!!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Love the pic!! I would love to meet both of you as well!!!!!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

This is so great! Blogger meet ups are the best, and no one but bloggers can really understand how great they are!! :)

pray day said...

Appreciable effort.Thanks a lot

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

SO fun that you got to meet Lisa! Isn't she the best? I"m so lucky that I got to live with her for 3 years! :)

I'm coming your way later this month... :)

Julie said...

Some one needs to come MY way!! Indiana is great this time of year!!!!

OH, and I am heading to the Twin Cities June 5th-11th! JBTC and Patiently Waiting better meet up with me!!

Mary said...

AHH so fun!!! I want to come meet both of you!!! :)