background

Friday, May 27, 2011

(Re)create.

Because I've mentioned it about one million times here, you all probably already know that that crafting helps keep me sane, ESPECIALLY in regards to dealing with fertility stuff.

I heart crafting.

It's good for my soul.

Here's a couple of my recent (re)creations...

I bought this chalk board on clearance at Target- I'm fairly certain I ran in for just toilet paper but because Target has this magical effect where you discover many more things that you need, I walked away with the chalkboard, nail polish, clearance place mats (that I hope to make into pillows) and a shirt. Anyways, here's the chalkboard:






I played around with paint so I could make it distressed and this is what I ended up with:



I knew I wanted to put it in my bathroom to write sweet little messages on (and to receive them!!) since we usually just write on the mirror with a marker. The extra perk, a place to hang some of my necklaces!



The other project I did was for my sister in law's birthday. It was my other SIL's birthday last week and I made her a sign so I decided to stick with making something for this SIL also. I took a 50 cent thrift store frame, painted it, stamped out a saying on fun scrapbook paper and added ribbon to hang it. She's a bit of a chocolaholic so I knew she'd like this:



And she did like it-I gave her that along with some yummy Pioneer Woman's chocolate cupcakes! ;)

I'm not sure what I'll do next, but since I was super impressed by this pretty lady's awesome furniture re-dos, maybe I'll muster up the courage to do something like that!!

Well, that's about it for now! Hope everyone has a wonderful (long) weekend!!

“True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.”(Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

3 comments:

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Those are too cute! I wish I were crafty like you.

God Alone Suffices said...

You are so creative! I wish crafts calmed me down...they usually just overwhelm me!

Julie said...

Totally wish we lived near eachother. I love doing crafts. Kept me sane for 9 years. Now I don't have much time.